1/31/10

signs along the way north



    I find it amusing that the entrance ramps to the highway in Auckland have red/green lights to 'help the traffic merge'. It seems rather simple to me, but I guess it's not that easy to everybody in Auckland.





Enuf said?


We found another bit of Texas in northern NZ! There's a 'Texas' restaurant outside of Palmerston North, too.

This is a great logo for the NZ drink, 'L & P'. That stand for 'lemon and Paeroa' (the city it was first made). It's funnier with a NZ accent.





A novel idea for a photograph outside of Auckland.


I noted this little 'US' in a circle as we waited at some road construction. I just wonder if the sign is 'US approved'!



90 mile beach isn't. It's only about 55, but nobody knows where the name came from. You can drive on the beach as long as you don't have a rental car. How's that for strange laws?


Indeed, you may drive the 'normal' speed limit of 100kph on the beach.


I guess if you drive an 18-wheeler, you can have a vanity plate like this!

   













  This is one of our favorite 'punny' signs.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Texas is every where...LOL...I love the big frame...

Kay said...

I really loved the "Drink, Drive, Die in a ditch". That was funny.

I know you follow my photoblog and I wanted to let you know I have a new blog that features photos and video of my hikes.

If you'd like to check it out, here is the link:

http://scvhiker.blogspot.com/


Kay

FranE said...

My grandson was looking with me and loved the signs. You just never know where Texas might show up. My sons used to plan a trip to NZ, a place most desirable to them.
Thanks for the great pictures.
Frances